Skilled Nursing Services
- 350-Bed Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Serves Honorably Discharged Veterans and Spouses.
- Part of Stony Brook University Health Sciences Center.
- Full-Time On-site Physicians with Double Board Certification in both Geriatrics and Internal Medicine.
- In-House Pharmacy
- Providing On-Site Medical Services including Audiology, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Urology, Dentistry, Psychiatry & Psychology.
- Operates 55-Bed Specialty Unit Caring for those Suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Operates a 55-Bed Respiratory Care Unit.
- Palliative Care Services available through an affiliation with Good Shepherd Hospice.
- Accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Long Term Care Insurance and Private Pay.
- Current Daily Rate is $389.59 Per Day.
- All Veterans are Eligible to Receive a Per Diem Credit of $94.59 from the Veterans Administration, Effectively Making the Daily Rate $295.00Per Day.
- The Home Serves as an Academic Training Site for Physicians, Nurses, Rehabilitation Professionals, Social Workers, Dietitians and Recreation Therapists.
- For More Information Call (631) 444-VETS.
Adult Day Health Care
- 40-Slot Medical Model Adult Day Health Care Program.
- Open to Veterans and Their Spouses.
- Comprehensive Nursing Care.
- Individualized Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
- Engaging Therapeutic Recreation Programs.
- Two nutritious meals (breakfast and lunch) per visit.
- Social Work Counseling for Registrant and Family.
- Therapeutic Exercise and Wellness Programs.
- Accepts Medicaid, Long Term Care Insurance and Private Pay.
- Day Rate is $152.51
- All Veterans are Eligible to Receive a $73.51 Per Diem Credit from the VA, Effectively Making the Day Rate $79.00 Per Day.
- Door-to-Door Ambulette Transportation is available at a cost of $32.00 per one way trip.
- The Program Serves Central and Western Suffolk County and Eastern Nassau County.
- For More Information Call 1-800-DAY-CARE.