The LISVH is a 350 bed skilled nursing facility located on 25 wooded acres on the campus of Stony Brook University. An Adult Day Health Care program that operates 6 days per week (Monday through Saturday) is also offered.
The LISVH is operated by the Health Sciences Center of Stony Brook University and continues to be one of the only skilled nursing centers and adult day health care programs in the country that is fully integrated into the health and educational mission of a major teaching and research university. The programs at the LISVH are licensed by the New York State Department of Health and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
The LISVH accepts honorably discharged veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Forces. Admission to the Long Island State Veterans Home and the Adult Day Health Care Program is open to all veterans regardless of period of service (war or peace time service), service connected disability or location in which you served our nation. The LISVH also accepts the spouse or widow of qualifying veterans, as well as Gold Star Parents who require skilled nursing or adult day health care.
Each individual has a unique situation. Our Admissions Staff is here to discuss clinical and financial criteria, as well as the process for admission to the Long Island State Veterans Home or the Adult Day Health Care Program.
Our Admissions office is open
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Long Island State Veterans Home Admissions
100 Patriots Road • Stony Brook, NY 11790-3300
Telephone: 631-444-8548 Fax: 631-444-8573
Carole Zwycewicz, Director of Admissions
Lauren Mahoney, Admissions Coordinator
Please call us to schedule a tour.
Admissions Checklist and Application
In order to process a request for admission,
the following documents are required:
- LISVH Application (4 pages completed and signed). This application can be completed online, faxed or mailed to the Admissions Office at the LISVH.
- Copy of Veteran’s Discharge papers or other proof of VA status
- Copy of both sides of insurance cards including:
- Medicare Card
- Medicare Part D Card
- Supplemental Insurance Card
- Prescription Plan Card
- Copy of legal documents such as Power of Attorney (POA), Health Care Proxy, Living Will, etc.
- Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen
- The Patient Review Instrument (PRI) and Screen is a New York State required assessment of the applicant’s medical needs
- If the applicant is in the hospital or another nursing home, please ask the Social Worker to FAX the PRI and Screen to the LISVH at 631-444-8573
- If the applicant is at home please contact the LISVH Admissions Office